Most organic parameters should be collected in glass while inorganic parameters can use plastics or fluoropolymers as well. Because not all plastics have the same properties or inherent background levels, you’re typically limited to polypropylene, LDPE, or polyethylene. Bacteria samples are generally limited to materials that can be sterilised. Also, you may have requirements concerning fluorescence or clarity depending on the analytical method you use.
Using the most efficient laboratory supplies can make your process easier. Here are products to assist in sample collection, preparation, and storage:
- Environmental Bottles: a full selection of certified, pre-cleaned bottles, glass bottles, cylindrical options, and more
- Disposable BOD Bottles: Never wash a bottle again—these are lightweight, precleaned, and EPA-approved
- ProWeigh Filters: No prep needed—get improved accuracy and quicker reporting
- FlipMate Filtration Systems: Fast and easy—filter samples in second
- Digestion Cups: For metals digestion—graduated to dilute, digest, and store in one vessel
Cole-Parmer is a leading global source of laboratory and industrial fluid handling products, instrumentation, equipment, and supplies. John Morris Scientific supplies Cole-Parmer product lines in Australia, New Zealand and the South West Pacific, including popular brand names such as Masterflex, Oakton, Digi-Sense, Environmental Express, Ismatec, and more.