Disk Mill PULVERISETTE 13 classic line from FRITSCH laboratories is one we’d suggest using in your processing laboratory. This disk mill offers continuous delivery of brittle to very hard materials for batch or continuous fine grinding. The maximum feed particle size is approximately 20 mm edge length. The fineness attainable (d50) is down to approx. 12 mm (largest gap width) or 0.1 mm (smallest gap width).
The maximum throughput of 150 kg/h depends on the gap setting and the hardness of the sample. The relatively large throughput enables it to be used in the pilot scale or in the small size production, for example: slag-disintegration for the reclamation of precious metals.
Typical fields of application
- Mining and steel industries – Ores, coal, coke, slags
- Ceramics – Steatite, sintered ceramics, electrotechnical porcelain, fire-proof clay
- Rocks and soils – Bauxite, slags, quartz, clinker, gypsum, chalk
- Glass – Frits, glass types, raw materials
- Soil research – Dried soil samples, sewage sludge, hydrological sediments, drilling cores.
Method of operation
The material to be ground is crushed between two counteracting grinding disks with course radial toothing on the inside as a result of compressive and shearing stresses. The staged toothing means that the material is pre-ground in the inner chamber of the grinding disks before being finely ground in the outer chamber.
The gap width between the two grinding disks is set from the outside – also during operation – and determines the fineness of the end product.
Features of performance
- Reproducible grinding results through accurate gap setting (exactly 0.1mm)
- Precision adjustment for setting gap
- Sight glass for checking gap width
- Centrally located toggle-type fastener for grinding chamber
- Divided, hinged grinding chamber
- Four different materials for grinding disks, to ensure that contamination of the samples through abrasion of the grinding elements is avoided during processing.
- Grinding disks easily accessed and replaced
- Life expectancy of grinding disks can be doubled by changing the rotational direction of the motor
- Simple cleaning and dust-free grinding due to dust exhauster connection
- Continuous fine grinding from 95 mm to 0.1 mm in a single process through combination with the Jaw Crusher PULVERISETTE 1 classic line
- Can be adjusted to individual throughput requests (optional conversion).
Read this article in full at Labmate-Online
Need to know more about FRITSCH grinding and milling?
Talk to our experts in the Laboratory team today
Freecall AUS. 1800 251 799 and NZ. 0800 651 700