Syrris has launched Orb, the newest bench top reactor system. Orb combines exceptional value and high quality construction with unique user-friendly features and reliable performance for batch chemistry available from John Morris Scientific. Designed for process development and kilo labs, the compact benchtop system is ideal for numerous applications, including production, crystallisations, process development, work-ups, reaction optimisation, distillations and bioreactions.
The Orb jacketed reactor system accommodates a broad selection of jacketed and vacuum jacketed vessels from 100 ml up to 10 l, and can be operated over a wide range of temperatures – between -90 and +250 °C – and pressures from 50 mbara to 0.25 barg. Its intuitive, patent-pending clamp mechanism enables vessels to be quickly and easily changed, and is complemented by a simple stirrer motor lift that allows the stirrer motor to be raised and rotated out of the way during vessel changes. Vessel height adjustment is also rapid and straightforward, with no tools required. Together with a comprehensive choice of accessories – including stirrers, circulators, reflux condensers, dropping funnels and distillation assemblies – and optional upgrades to allow automation of reaction parameters and rapid oil drain, Orb jacketed reactor systems can be used in virtually any application.
- Quick vessel changes: The unique vessel clamp mechanism allows quick and easy vessel changes.
- Wide range of vessels: 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 2L, 5L and 10L round bottom and torispherical vessels, up to 5L vacuum jacketed vessels.
- Rapid height adjustments: Instant change of vessel height without tools.
- Clever user friendly features: Stirrer motor can be easily lifted and moved out of the way, easy vessel changes, no tools vessel height adjustments.
- Maximum chemical resistance: All wetted parts are glass or PTFE.
- Wide pressure range: -90°C to +250°C.
- Pressure range: Vacuum (50 mbara) to 0.25 barg.
- Wide vessel access area: Easy reagent additions, allows use of larger stirrers, and wide range of accessories.
- Upgrade to automation: Add the Orb Reactor Master or PC software for total automation of reaction parameters.
- Robust and reliable: Built on Syrris’ extensive experience, the Orb reactor system offers true value, ease of use and flexibility.
For more information, please find complete brochure details: Orb Jacketed Reactor.
Find out more about Syrris instrumentation from our
Automation Solutions team, contact us today on
Phone free call AUS 1800 251 799 and free call NZ 0800 651 700