Consistent and reliable colour measurements required by those in research & development, process development and production. For foods, graphics, paints, and any product that relies on accurate colour, this measurement is crucial. Water, when off-coloured, isn’t appealing. Corporate logos without correct colours can influence brand identity.
What do we look for? Hue is the true colour (red, orange, green, etc.) while chroma (saturation) relates to the vividness or dullness and lightness is the degree of light. To reproduce colours accurately these three attributes need measuring.
Reflectance meters (colour & gloss meters) are portable and ideal for a quick pass/fail decisions in a production environment. They assess colour quality control for:
- Corporate logo standardisation
- Graphic art testing of inks and control of printed colours
- Standardising paint colours, plastic and cosmetic colours
- Printing on textiles, packaging materials and labels
- Colour-finishing foods, clothing, pharmaceuticals and more
- Beverage colour, cooking oils and more
- Water colour
- Chemical finishes
- Petroleum product colours
How do you maintain colour consistency? Use colour meters or spectrophotometers. These units can measure reflectance or transmittance and avoid subjective colour comparisons possible with human error.
Need more information on these lab supplies? Our Technical Experts would love to hear from you on Freecall Ph. 1800 552 724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org